Most Awaited

banner

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rich in God's Sight

What are we living for?

The question may seem aged over time for you. But when you look into it on a personal perspective, What is life to you really? What have we done to make our lives remarkably significant in our walk on earth? And the most defining of all, how do we identify ourselves here on earth?

Let's find answer in the light of the Bible:

Luke 12:13-21 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Rich Fool
 13Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." 14Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" 15Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
 16And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. 17He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'
 18"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '
 20"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'
 21"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."


>> Now if I have to ask you, "What are you lliving for?", what would be your answer?

I'd like to present to you an argument of life that has been an intricate design of man: The Desire For Wealth. No one will disagree with me when I say that wealth is not bad. In fact, all people need it and way too far, WANT it! Verse 13 describes the yearning of man for inheritance - to wealth for that matter. God did design us for something, and even if we haven't gone to a realization that Deutoronomy is right when it says that it is God who gave us the ability to produce wealth, we simply desire it for inexhaustive reasons.

Some may say that they are living for their family, to support them, provide for their needs, etc. Some may also say that they are living just to get by this life and die afterwards (Well, honest people will accept the fact of their inability to find meaning in life); others, too, may be plain to say that they live up for their dreams. There are plenty of profession helping out others: Nurses, Doctors, Philantrophies, Teachers, name it! But no matter how good your deeds and motives are, when Christ is not the center of it, you lost it's real essence!

Rich and good our "ground" may seem, it is futile if it's not lived for the glory of God! What is the "ground" you cling and attached yourself too tight? Your profession? Your money? Your title? Your position, power and influence? Do any of these depicts how we identify our life? Solomon had it all, but in Ecclesiastes he wrote, "Meaningless! Meaningless! Utterly Meaningless!...the Conclusion of the Matter is this: Obey the Lord, and Serve Him Only."

We may have all we desire on earth, but for what it's worth if we gain the whole world yet lose our own Soul? Thanks for reading this blog but before I end this up, I want to leave you a question to ponder: "Are you rich in the sight of God or only in the sight of men?"

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment